Seeing, Hearing, Is Believing. The Images Validate Our Process.
- Our total process: designed by engineers and consulting chemists with over 5 years of research, now selling in our 5th year recognized globally as a RECORD RESTORATION SYSTEM and not a record surface cleaner or jewelry or dental ultrasonic, we are PVC safe and record groove friendly using only a water soluble PVC Safe ionizing surfactant spray. Other sonics and vacuum or manual cleaning methods can only clean surfaces as the PVC of the record repels water and soaps as both have the same relative slightly negative electrical charge. Like chares repel, that is why cleaning agents "pool" on the record as they are repelled by the record. IN FACT USE THE ALUMINUM FOIL TEST AS DESCRIBED IN THE AUDIOPHILE SOCIETY OF NJ ZOOM FOUND ON OUR FIRST PAGE TO VALIDATE OUR STATEMENTS. This stated: One 40 KHz German Made advertised ultrasonic as well as a 40 KHz machine made in Hong Kong including now a new 120 KHz machine ARE NOT ULTRASONICS USING CAVITATION, rather, are ultrasonic bubblers! See for yourself how the aluminum foil test proves that 12 records skewered on DIY rotisserie style attachments see no ultrasonic cleaning action on the record.
To reach the detail pressed into the record's grooves and to remove the record's release agent, our process sees one use a spray applied to the record's surface that ionizes the record. It changes the charge to a slight positive attracting the effects of cavitation and the plasma wave. Similar to one rubbing a neutrally no charge glass rod with a silk cloth that charges the rod and attracts water to it. Several applications are required with the spray as the record loses its charge as the record spins.
- This is not a home-made, DIY product. Scientific analysis proves our process. We cannot process more than 4 records simultaneously as the records need to be spaced no less than 1.78 inches apart to see all grooves made contact with the effects of cavitation, cleaned and release agent removed, thus restoring the record. Any closer as with DIY or skewered or copy cat systems with 12 records suspended see standing waves created by the records being in too close a proximity with each other and as such negates the effect of cavitation where only the first inch or so from the outer edge of the records are cleaned at best.
- Professional and Safe: Our system meets electrical and safety standards. (ETL Certified to meet CSA, UL, PS, FCC and CE). WHAT ABOUT YOURS? A LISTED EXTERNAL LAPTOP STYLE POWER SUPPLY DOES NOT REFER TO PRODUCT SAFETY!
- Safe for shellacked or lacquered records, restores, not just “surface—cleans”. (2 minute cycle)
- ALL TOLD: We bring life back to music, it's like playing the lacquer! Strips out the record release agents from 50-70 plus years ago as well as those found on new records (where the clicks and pops lie). WHY NEW POPS IN NEW RECORDS? Dust at the factory settles on the hot record that came out of the press, embedded in the release agent, causing those unwanted pops. After Kirmuss Cleaning and Restoration: Gain of 1.3-1.5 dB even on a new record over floor after release agent removal.
- The Kirmuss process strips out remaining contaminants/films from prior cleaning methods including those left by air drying or by other ultrasonic machines and vacuum drying. RESTORED RECORDS COME OUT VIRTUALLY DRY: No vacuum or blow air drying is required, just a simple wipe using a supplied optician's lint free cloth is needed to remove any remaining droplets.
- Our process strips out coatings or residues which affect sound from prior cleaning products sold that coat the record by way of residue. WITH THE RELEASE AGENT REMOVED, surrounding dust around your turntable will not be burned into the record when you are playing it, cause of those additional pops!
- Now: as the needle and its dyne makes proper contact with the record’s grooves after restoration, this provides 1.3 to 4 db increase in signal depending on the record and its provenance.
- SURFACE CLEANS IN 2 MINUTES 4 RECORDS AT A TIME: CLEANS AND RESTORES 4 RECORDS AT A TIME REMOVING THE RELEASE AGENT IN 18 or 15 TO 25 MINUTES depending on using a 2 minute or 5 minute cycle! (Consult the FAQ section as to when to revert to a 2 minute cycle.)
What is included with the System?
- Record Assembly.
- Ultrasonic Bath Assembly. AC Power Mains Lead.
- Combination Carbon Fiber Brush/Parastatic Felt Brush
- Ionizing Surfactant Spray (60 ml) that changes the charge of the record temporarily relative to that of water serving also as an Anti-fungal/Anti-Static Spray.
- Goat Hair Brush to apply the ionizing surfactant onto the record.
- Stylus Cleaning Kit
- Optician’s Microfiber Cloth
- 4" and 5” Felt Mat
- Rabbit Microfiber Cloth for workstation space and drying out the rinsed goat hair brush between surfactant applications.
- User Manual.
- 2 Year Warranty.
Not Supplied but required with the system per washing session: 6 Liters (1.78 Gallons) of Distilled water, 40 ml (1.4 ounces) of Isopropyl Alcohol 70% USED TO KILL LIVE AND DORMANT FUNGUS (not used as a cleaning agent, safe for records in concentration used.)